Wednesday, August 26, 2009

'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sedona Sky

I'm writing this in Ravenheart Coffee, across the street from the Baby Quail Inn. I still adore my hotel, but the Internet access is less than reliable. I'll most likely start my days here for the rest of the week, where I can blog and check email.

Yesterday I took a trolley ride through Boynton Canyon, to view and photograph the beautiful red rock formations that surround Sedona. Here's a pic of me the driver was kind enough to take.

The rocks are amazing. According to our trolley-driving tour guide, millions of years ago all these hills and mountains were under the Pacific Ocean. The red color comes from iron ore, and the white from limestone. She told us the rocks are sandstone, and every single day they erode away a little bit. In a million years, they'll be gone.

This was one of my favorites, called Kachina Woman.

Beauty exists in abundance here, and I plan to see as much of it as I can each day. I've heard the sunsets are spectacular, and I believe I'll get to see one tonight. I'm taking a three-and-a-half hour guided tour today, beginning at 4 pm, and I expect it will end with viewing a Sedona sunset, probably right off Airport Road, a quarter-mile from the Baby Quail Inn.

Before my tour, I may take another trolley ride, this one through the south side of town. Not sure what I'll see yet, but I'll post the photos once I download them. But I've got to take them first, of course!

I'll wrap this up now and start my stay. First, one more photo, the one that inspired the title of this entry:
Thanks for reading, and may you have a beautiful day!














No comments:

Post a Comment