Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Recovering My Wild Spirit

Day two of my trip, and the magic is fully afoot. Last night I began reading Women Who Run With the Wolves, and realized that part of my purpose in making this trip is to invite the spirit of Wild Woman into my life.

In honor of her spirit, I made detours today whenever the name of a place called to me from a freeway sign. I took a ride through La Tuna Canyon, trying to get closer to a huge hill that dominated the skyline along part of I-210 East. I drove along the canyon road, looking for a side street. The first street onto which I could turn was Wildwood Avenue, and on that avenue the first sight to greet my eyes was a woman astride a gorgeous caramel-colored horse.

Later, on I-10, just as my eyes were getting dangerously heavy, a rest area appeared as if by magic. No freeway signs foretold its existence, yet there it was. I turned with relief into the parking lot, and then I saw the sign proclaiming it as The Wildwood Rest Area.

"Of course it is!" I said aloud, and felt the spirit of Wild Woman fill me as laughter erupted from my diaphragm in a joyful shout.

These marvelous places exist for me because I am traveling with Wild Woman. All unknowing, I came to find her, and she found me instead. May we never again part from each other, and may we traverse all byways, highways, freeways, wooded paths, and canyon roads in wild, unfettered joy, feeling whatsoever we feel to the fullest.

Sleep is overtaking me, even though my body still vibrates from long hours in my car. I'm typing this from a tiny wooden table in the spare room in the house of my closest friend, where I landed at 11 pm. I'll stay with her until August 24, on which date I'm off to Sedona.

I am certain the magic will only build in the days to come, and I welcome it!

Thanks for reading, and may you always honor your own Wild, Essential spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment