Sunday, August 30, 2009

Final Day in Sedona

This will be a sweet and swift entry, since the coffee shop closes in fifteen minutes! I meant to write my entry earlier, and got sidetracked looking up weather and ghost tour information for Albuquerque, which is where I'll land on Tuesday.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to the Grand Canyon! Just now, however, I'm feeling sad about leaving Sedona. I truly love it here, and would stay longer if the travel bug wasn't biting me good and hard. And it is.

My friend from Tempe drove up yesterday, and we spent a very fun 24 hours together. The highlight of her visit -- at least for me -- was our trip this morning to Slide Rock State Park for swimming in ice-cold (and I am NOT exaggerating) mountain stream water. I'll download the photos soon, probably on Tuesday when I get to Albuquerque.

I also found a great place for an aura photo, which came with 25 pages of interpretation, at a place right around the corner from Baby Quail Inn. Oh! And last night my friend and I actually saw quails running across Willow Way! One more bit of magic, which Sedona has in abundance.

Tonight I've got to pack up my car so I can swiftly skedaddle tomorrow. And speaking of that, the minutes are counting down at the coffee shop. Time for me to scoot.

Thanks for reading, and may you find more magic in your life than you ever believe possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment