Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Almost Out the Door. . .

. . .but first I had to share a fascinating (and rather annoying) incident that occurred early this morning. Last night, just before bedtime at 3 am, I idly wondered whether it might be possible to get a wakeup call from the front desk, and realized the hour had gotten much too late for me to still inquire. I believe my mistake came in wondering such a thing aloud, especially in the magical and shamanic boullabaise that is my life.

This morning my phone rang at 7:15 am. It was the front desk, asking me to move my car so that new mattresses could be conveyed to rooms on the first floor (luckily I'm on the second). I had about 15 minutes to rub the sleep out of my eyes, comb my hair, dress, and run down to my car (somehow remembering the room key).

Somewhere along the line, as I was grumbling over my luck, I recalled my idle musing from 3 am, and had to laugh out loud. Apparently this was exactly how one could get a wake up call from the front desk without actually requesting one! I vow that next time I idly wonder such a thing, I will specify a time. That way I might get a bit more uninterrupted sleep.

Happily I managed to go back to sleep and woke up around 10 am, which is truly perfect with a checkout time of noon. A few more ablutions, plus packing away my laptop, and off I shall drive into the wild LA yonder.

Take care, dear heart, and remember to add scrumptious details next time you wish for what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment