Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day of Rest

Today the most exciting thing I did was sleep! Well, make that the second most exciting thing. I'm very happy to say I started working again on my novel. A couple of years ago I completed the first draft, which I began seriously reviewing last year. I quickly realized that the first half of the book needs to be rewritten, mostly because I wrote very differently when I began it more than 12 years ago.

Anyhow, earlier this year I wrote 10 pages of a new beginning, and then just stopped. Why, I couldn't say exactly. In any case, I've picked up right (or perhaps that should be write) where I left off, after a read through and a few necessary edits. I plan to spend some time with my novel each day of my trip.

Today I also cooked myself a delcious meal, which rated high on my excitement-meter after two days of road snacks and cold leftovers. Ah, that reminds me! The leftovers are still sitting on the stove, waiting to be put away. Better do that before I forget.

Good night, and thanks for reading. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment