Thursday, September 3, 2009

Old Town Ghosts

I decided to go on the Old Town Albuquerque ghost tour last night, even though my feet hurt. I grabbed my sensible shoes and drove over to 303 Romero Street. And I'm so happy I did!

The ghost tour here ranks among the best I've ever taken, replete with historical tidbits and hair-curling (or straightening) stories about mayhem, murder, and supernatural happenings! If you're ever in Albuquerque, make time for it. I liked it so much, I'm going back on Friday to take one of their historical tours and learn more about Old Town. Then I'm having lunch at Church Street cafe, located in the most haunted building in Albuquerque!

One of the coolest things about the ghost tour was encouragement to bring a camera. I'm including here two photos, taken within seconds of each other, for your entertainment. I believe in ghosts, and believe I may have captured something of interest here.

I magnified the small while circles in the second picture, and the bottom circle is probably a magnified dust particle. The top one, however, stayed solid white through each stage of magnification. Does that mean anything? Maybe. Maybe not.

If it is evidence of something beyond my ken, I will admit it's a bit flimsy. I am, however, thrilled beyond all thrilledness, for no other reason than that I cannot quickly and easily explain away the first circle. I've taken many, many digital photos and seen more than my share of magnified dust particles and water molecules. I know the top circle is something else, and I'm not sure what. I do know it's something that has never appeared in any photo I've yet taken. And I find that fact quite satisfying.

Thanks for reading, and may your day contain evidence of things known yet unseen!

No comments:

Post a Comment