Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blue Hotels and Moonlight Swims

I've landed in Albuquerque, and I'm writing this from my room at The Hotel Blue. And what a fabulous hotel it is! I could live here all week, never leaving its comforts behind. Except to use the pool, of course. Oh, and probably to eat. Not sure my food supplies will last a whole week.

The pool is open until 10 pm, so last night I went for a moonlight swim. Today I plan to explore Old Town, which I believe is quite close to the hotel. I'm sure I'll have more photos for tomorrow's blog.

The drive here from the Grand Canyon took just over five hours, and I arrived later than I thought I would -- mostly because New Mexicans are on MST (Mountain Standard Time), which is one hour later than Arizona in Summer, or California all year around.

One of the things I'm anticipating with greatest glee is the Old Town Ghost Tours! On Friday they have an exclusive full moon tour starting at 10 pm. I am SO signing up for that! My Inner little one, whom I call Little Selene, is jumping up and down at the prospect. We love to seek evidence of what lies beyond the veil!

Speaking of things magical and mysterious, I had a most shamanic drive to this place. When I left my room yesterday morning at the Grand Canyon Inn, I thought I had gathered everything. A few moments after I returned my key card to the front desk, however, one of the cleaning women ran toward me waving my digital camera. I nearly fell to my knees in gratitude!

I thanked them profusely, and also raised my voice in praise to whatever powers be. I felt profoundly blessed, for I have also felt divinely protected all throughout my trip. My camera allows me to record the beauty of this trip. Without my magical eye, I would have felt bereft in the extreme.

I stopped for gas while still in Arizona, and as I pulled off the road I wondered if I would catch a glimpse of famous Route 66, and whether or not I would get any kicks. I immediately cruised past a gas station, yet as I glanced at the price per gallon, a sage inner voice advised that I could do much better farther down the road.

I drove several blocks, beginning to wonder if I had made the right choice since I was running low on fuel. Then, down a side street, I glimpsed a red and white structure that resembled a gas station. I turned down the next street and there it was -- gas for $0.26 less per gallon! The price, in fact, was $2.66 for unleaded without the frills.

After I paid, pumped, then headed back to the main highway, I looked at the road signs and saw I was driving down Route 66, and I laughed aloud: I had paid $2.66 for gas, and indeed felt like I had gotten some kicks!

I don't how I knew there was another, cheaper gas station down the road in the town of Winslow, Arizona -- a place I've never been, and may never see again. Yet I did, and I trusted that knowing. For me, that is the definition of magic.

Well, I'm off soon with my magic eye and deep inner knowing, to see what we might discover together. As always, thanks for reading, and may you get in touch with what you never knew you know! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment