Monday, February 4, 2013

Where the Monkeys Howl

It's almost 6 am in Liberia, Costa Rica. The Howler Monkeys are making mad music in the trees and the day is just starting to break. The temperature right now is 73, and during the day the forecast promises a high of 93.

Won't have any photos to share until later today. Whether I get to any more posts will depend on the iffy Internet access. I'll post as often as I'm able!

I'm generally not such an earlier riser, but I flew in yesterday on a red eye from San Francisco, with a change of planes in Houston. I feel asleep around 7:30 CR time last night, and woke up around 4 am. Breakfast is served at 7:30 am, and I'm guessing I'll feel hungry for it today.

I'm here with Clive Matson, my writing mentor, and three or four other participants for a writing retreat that promises to be amazing! The Pacific Ocean is just a hop and a skip away. Since CR is very close to the equator, I brought sunscreen and lots of white clothing.

Last night I took a cool shower while everyone else was at an impromptu Superbowl party. Best decision ever! The water felt like heaven on earth after the intense heat of the day, and a bit of peppermint soap added to the delight. I'll take another short shower before going to breakfast, so I can begin the day as fresh as possible.

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, may you always remember how brightly you shine!

1 comment:

  1. Have a Beautiful time. Drink in all the new wonder around you. Many Blessings. Kandi

    ReplyDelete