Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hawaii, Here I Come

Hilo, Hawaii awaits me! On Friday at 3:41 pm I'll fly into Hilo Airport--via Los Angeles, Honolulu, and someplace else I forgot. Oh, the joys of flying coach. Well, even so, I'm looking forward to some "me" time on the plane. I've got tons of books I've been trying to get through, and I plan to spend a lot of time reading. Probably not until the battery on my new laptop loses juice, though.

Oh, speaking of my new laptop--you would need to see this beautiful piece of machinery to believe it! It has a 17-inch screen, 451 gigabytes of hard drive space, 8 gigabytes of RAM, a DVD-RW drive, and a ruby red top. Most of what I just wrote won't mean much unless you're as geeky as I am. I just love it! I'll say it loud, I'm geeky and I'm proud! By the way, I chose the ruby red top to please my inner Fashion Diva--my inner Computer Geek had nothing to do with that.

Anyway, computer-praising tangents aside, I'm very excited to see Hawaii for the first time. I'm inviting Pele's wisdom, and the guidance of Helle, the Norse Goddess of Death and Rebirth. My friend Francesca and I were talking, and we decided that Helle, Pele, Kali, and Hecate are part of a sisterhood of dark, powerful Divine Mother Goddesses. I always felt drawn to the pantheon of Norse Gods and Goddesses, though Helle was not among them in the books I read as a child. Not surprising, really, considering that the early Christians were so terrified of her they gave their underworld her name!

Helle and I got acquainted through a divination Francesca led, based on my inquiry into what my next step would be along the path of Priestess. Consecrating myself to a Dark Mother Goddess, of course--what else? I've always seemed to have one foot in the world of shadow and one in the world of light. Once I feared the world of shadow was the only place I would ever reside. All my life I've struggled toward the light. In the last few years, I've realized that what I truly need is balance--to find a place between those worlds.

Well, this is turning into a long post, and I'm getting tired. I have more to do before I leave, and I'd best get to it. Thanks for reading, and may you always remember that you are Divine.

~Love and Blessings,
Selene~

P.S. -- Watch this space! I'm planning to blog regularly about my adventures in Hawaii. Did I mention I'll be there an entire month? I still can't quite believe it. And soon I'll be living it! Good night, and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment