Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Car of My Dreams and Gratitude List

It feels right at this juncture, with my trip nearly complete, to write a list of the things for which I'm grateful. I've had quite the adventure over the last few weeks, very different than expected, yet an adventure nonetheless. I've lost much and gained much as well. I'm a bit frazzled and feeling tender at times, yet the Universe feels in balance. That said, here's my list:

1) I am grateful to still be breathing and feeling (relatively) sane.

2) I'm grateful for my beloved, who's a financial whiz, hot sexy hunk of manflesh and all around amazing being.

3) I'm grateful we've been together so long. This is year number 29, and going strong!

4) I'm grateful for all my friends, who have no idea how much they helped me over the last few weeks. Abundant blessings and may the Divine bestow Grace on you in every possible form!

5) I'm grateful for Texas roadside cafes that have better food than I ever thought possible (see photo below). I had grilled vegetables and tilapia at this one with homemade tartar sauce. YUM! Oh, and hitching posts in the parking lot were a very groovy detail, in my opinion.

6) I'm grateful to have driven off the Honda Pre-owned Vehicle lot in Austin in a gently-used, 2010 Prius -- a car I've dreamed about owning for many years!

7) I"m grateful for booking a hotel in Austin that happened to lie 2.6 miles from that city's only no-haggle Honda dealership. When I bought the Prius, they even showed me the car fax!

8) I'm grateful to have met Millicent Rogers, through the auspices of her museum in Taos, New Mexico. She was an amazing woman with a rare spirit and an eye for beauty who accomplished a great deal in her short life. Here are a few photos from the museum:

9) I'm grateful for my sense of humor.

10) I'm grateful for my resilience and strength of spirit.

11) I'm grateful to keep rediscovering my sense of adventure!

12) I'm grateful for the beauty Ive found everywhere I've been. Beauty in appearance, in spirit, in generosity -- in every way possible.

13) I'm grateful for Mary, a resident of Taos Pueblo who happened to lunch in the same tiny, hole-in-the-wall Mexican place as myself on the day we met. She told me of a life filled with travel and adventure, divorces and the death of her son. She also told me of her daughter, a world-famous maker of pottery with work displayed in museums, including Millicent's.

14) I'm grateful for my freedom to create, and for your desire to read these children that spring from my fertile mind.

Thank you for your kind and gentle attention, my friends. Take care, and may your weekend prove inspiring and delightful beyond all expectations!

~Love and Blessings,
Selene~

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to read your gratitudes, and about the people you talked to. I love this photo of you in red. Elaine (biodanza)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep those children coming Selene!

    Happy for your gratitude and your new car!!!!

    what's her name?

    :)

    Renee

    ReplyDelete